Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Blog #5: All About Google!!

While learning about topics that my peers taught in class, one that stood out to me was Google. Currently, as I am typing this blog I am using Google. I think Google being made was an incredible idea and I owe it to the founders, Larry Page and Sergey Brin.

Google has so many different amenities that are used on a daily basis like, google docs to write your papers, google slides to make a power point whether that is for school projects, work presentations, etc., google calendar to help keep yourself organized, google maps to help you get to your destination and many more. I also love google drive, I never worry about losing something that i worked so hard on because I know it will be in my trusty drive! 

Google was founded in 1998 meaning it’s not even 30 years old yet. I’m not sure why but I always thought Google was developed way earlier than 1998. It is an amazing browser used world wide and there are constantly new additions being added to Google. I find it to be very easy to use compared to safari and I feel it has many more amenities than safari. I may be biased because it’s all I’ve ever known but I know I can count on Google.

Another great concept that I touched on briefly was Google calendar. I use this to keep my life very organized. For instance, when I hear I have an exam, presentation or any type of homework I immediately put it on my Google calendar. Same thing goes for an event or meeting I need to attend.

I still can’t believe we have only really had google for twenty five years. I have learned a lot more from hearing about Google in class and can’t wait to see the celebration they have when they hit that 30 year mark!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Technology: Healthy or Unhealthy?

  In class we watched a video. It was a remix by Moby of a song originally by the pop group Tears For Fears. I believe it truly shows how w...